Secrets to Long Lasting Foundation!
-for Oily, Combination Skin
- Always begin with squeaky clean skin. Remove oils with a toner and follow this with a few sprays of a hydrating mist like La Roche Posay Thermal Spa Water. Hydrating the skin slows down oil production in the skin.
- Apply a hydrating, oil-free eye gel around the eye area. Apply a suitable moisturiser for oily skin. I love the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo.
- Use a mattifying primer. My favourite is the Benefit PoreFessional primer. I love the matte and smooth texture it gives plus pores seem to disappear with this stuff. Love it!
- Choose a foundation that is long-lasting, at least 16-24 hour wear. It should have a matte or demi-matte finish. I keep the MAC Studio Fix Foundation in my kit as it's great for oily skin. A budget friendly foundation would be the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. If you have oily skin but aged 30+, choose a foundation for normal/combination skin instead. Anything too mattifying will give the skin an aged appearance so trust the prepping, primimg and setting of your makeup to do the job for you. I recommend the Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation.
- Set your makeup with a loose powder. I prefer Silica based powders for keeping oils at bay, like elf Studio HD Powder. They seem to last so much longer than other powders. Only powder areas you need to like t-zone: forehead; nose; chin, and cheek planes. Finish with a setting spray! This takes away the powdery look and helps the makeup last longer. Urban Decay use the Skindinavia formula as it keeps the surface temperature of the skin lower. Or Maybelline have a cheaper option in their 24Hour Setting Spray.
I hope you gives these techniques a try! As always you can contact me via Facebook. I'm also on Instagram (selinahallinan) and Snapchat (selina_hallinan) all at Selina G Makeup Artist! Thank you and feel free to comment below x